TRUFFLED OEUFS EN COCOTTE
(ingredients are for per person)
Spring-time is egg time. Eggs are perfect for late breakfast or brunch. These little pots of egg and cream, flavoured with truffle oil, are delicious whether enjoyed with sour dough soldiers or tender, steamed
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Lightly butter a ceramic ramekin dish.
3. Crack the egg into it, season with salt and pepper, pour on the cream and oil.
4. Stand the ramekin/s in a roasting tin and fill the tin with freshly boiled water from the kettle. It should come up to just over half the height of the ramekin/s.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes or until just set.
6. While the cocottes bake, break the asparagus spears where the base will naturally snap. Place in steamer inset or large colander and place over a pan of lightly boiling water. Steam for 3 minutes until tender but still al dente.
7. Serve the truffle scented, creamy eggs with the steamed spears and a small mound of aromatic salad leaves.
provided by www.cambridgecookeryschool.com