PIZZA BIANCA WITH BURWASH ASPARAGUS
Pizza Bianca is a pizza without the usual base cover of tomato sauce. This type of pizza lends itself to more sophisticated and adult flavours such as wild mushroom and garlic oil, or as the pizzas in this recipe, topped with fresh Burwash asparagus and wonderful Alburna Buffalo Mozzarella.
Making fresh pizza dough is very easy. However, if you are looking for real ease, try the Larder's fresh Pan Verum dough - fresh from the chilled counter and ready to roll out.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
2. Roll out cherry-sized pieces of dough to make small 'cocktail' pizzas.
3. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and top with a slice of Mozzarella and a few fresh asparagus spears. Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella will ooze a bit of liquid. Sprinkle with sea salt and a little freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil.
4. Place the pizzas in the top of the oven and cook for 7-8 minutes or until the bases are cooked and the asparagus look slightly charred.
5. Serve hot with a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc.
provided by www.cambridgecookeryschool.com